We recommend that students obtain quality dancewear from brands such as Bloch, Capezio, or So Danca. These items can be obtained from a local dancewear shop such as the Brandywine Dance Shoppe (brandywinedanceshoppe.square.site).
- It is important that the teachers and the students clearly see and correct the alignment and placement of the student’s body; therefore, except for Jazz Funk and Street Jazz classes where looser attire is allowed, all dance clothing needs to be form fitting and not baggy.
- Except for Jazz Funk and Street jazz classes, each class has denoted dress code colors of either white, black or pink. Dancewear items should be of a solid color (black, white, or pink as denoted) and not a mix of colors.
We recommend the following shoes styles; however, there still is currently a worldwide shipping crisis and many supplies cannot be obtained. If you cannot find a style listed below, we recommend going to the Brandywine Dance Shoppe to see what alternate styles are available.
- Jazz & Lyrical Shoes: Bloch tan slip-on jazz shoes (style s0495g/l) tan for feminine presenting students and black for masculine presenting students.
- Ballet Shoes: Pink for feminine presenting students and black for masculine presenting students. For younger students: Bloch S0205 or S0249G ballet shoes. For older students: either So Danca SD16, Bloch S0284L, or Angelo Luzio BW248 Canvas Split-sole ballet shoes , or in leather – Bloch S0258G or S0203L Leather Split-sole ballet shoes.
- Tap: Younger students (up through our level 5 classes) should obtain either black patent leather tap shoes or Mary Jane tap shoes (if avoidable, we request that you obtain tap shoes with either a Velcro strap or piece of elastic across the front of the shoe and not a shoe with a lace tie). Our older tap students (level B and above) need to obtain the higher quality black oxford tap shoe. Our A level students have the option of obtaining either style – an Oxford Tap shoe has a much better sound, but is more expensive that the patent leather.
Please see below for specific requirements for your class, and contact the studio if you have questions.