As a rule. we recommend that you obtain shoes and tights from a dancing supply store and not from Amazon or a non-dancing supply store. There is a wide variety of products that we simply are not familiar with; however, we are aware of the quality that most dancing supply stores have. The Brandywine Dance Shoppe (302) 478-4403 gives all our students a 10% discount if you state that you are from our studio.
- It is important that the teachers and the students clearly see and correct the alignment and placement of the student’s body; therefore, except for Jazz Funk and Street Jazz classes where looser attire is allowed, all dance clothing needs to be form fitting and not baggy.
- Except for Jazz Funk and Street jazz classes, each class has denoted dress code colors of either white, black or pink. Dancewear items should be of a solid color (black, white, or pink as denoted) and not a mix of colors with words or colored patterns/stripes on them.
We recommend the following shoes styles:
- Jazz & Lyrical Shoes: Bloch tan slip-on jazz shoes (style s0495g/l) tan for feminine presenting students and black for masculine presenting students.
- Ballet Shoes: Pink for feminine presenting students and black for masculine presenting students. For Younger students: Bloch S0205 ballet shoes. For older students: either a So Danca SD16 Canvas Split-sole ballet shoe, or Bloch S0258G or S0203L Leather Split-sole ballet shoe.
- Tap: Younger students will obtain either black patent leather tap shoes or Mary Jane tap shoes. Our older “BCD&E” level tap students need to obtain the higher quality black oxford tap shoe.
Please see below for specific requirements for your class, and contact the studio if you have questions.