Paul Klocke Dance
Covid Safety Protocols
The following procedures will be implemented immediately at our studio. These procedures may be changed or modified as we obtain new information and recommendations from health officials. We encourage each of you to assess your own comfort levels and risk factors before making the decision to return to the studio. Our community’s health and safety are our number one priority, and we urge you to take whatever personal precautions you need to, including staying home.
Our staff will be interacting with a very large number of people, and we have to do everything to keep them safe. Individuals might feel that it is unnecessary to protect themselves; however, a mask is designed to help protect us. If our staff becomes ill, we are shut down. Masks must be worn when entering, leaving, and traveling within our building. Masks are required in classes – extended aerobic activities will therefore not be given. Mask breaks will be allowed when students are doing stationary activities. All students will be kept 6-8 feet apart.
Here is a breakdown of what returning to the dance studio will look like, including our safety and sanitation protocols in compliance with the CDC recommendations and all official state and county orders:
What we are doing at the Studio
- All PK Dance protocols and appropriate signage will be posted at entrances and throughout the studio.
- Sanitizing spray and hand sanitizer is available throughout the studio. Bathrooms will be stocked with hand soap for washing hands.
- Staff will disinfect all common surfaces (e.g. doorknobs, counter surfaces) before and after every class.
- Bathrooms will be sanitized after each use.
- All staff will comply with social distancing and hand-washing protocols and will refrain from entering the building if they are experiencing any of the pre-screen symptoms listed here: headaches, a sore throat, fever, dry cough, a recent inability to taste or smell, shortness of breath, body aches, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain.
Paperwork and Payment Options
- For the safety of our staff and customers, we are implementing a contact-free payment system.
- All forms will now be handled electronically.
- Families will now be required to place a credit card on file with us, and transactions will be done electronically. You will be notified before charges are put through.
- If putting a credit card on file is impossible for you, please contact us.
Classes – General Information
- Extra time will be provided between our classes to allow for thorough sanitation.
- Class formats have been adjusted so there is no shared equipment. Students may be asked to bring their own props and equipment.
- We will restrict the number of students allowed in the dance studio at any one time.
- Class sizes have been reduced to ensure appropriate spacing according to social distancing guidelines (min 6ft.).
- Although we will be cleaning and sanitizing frequently, dancers may be asked to help wipe down the area of the dance barre or dance floor area they personally use.
- If you are experiencing headaches, a sore throat, fever, dry cough, a recent inability to taste or smell, shortness of breath, body aches, fatigue, diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain do not come into the studio.
- All people entering the building will have their temperatures taken and be asked to use hand sanitizer.
- Studio restrooms should only be used in case of an emergency as they have to be sanitized after every use. Please have children use the restroom before leaving the house.
- Students need to bring in their own water bottles. Use of our water fountain will be prohibited. Dancers are allowed to bring multiple water bottles but will not be allowed to fill them from water sources within the facility. Bottles of water will be available for $1 if students need additional water; this will be charged to your account.
- For classes that use props, a prop list will be sent out before classes begin. Dancers will bring their own props to class each week. We will not be providing props to share for class use.
- Dancers must limit the amount of personal items brought into the dance studio. Dancers should arrive already dressed in the required dance attire. In less than ideal weather, we will inform you where to store your items prior to starting class.
- Dance bags should be small in size and only contain the shoes/props needed for that day’s classes.
- Dancers must wash hands or use hand sanitizer after blowing their nose, sneezing, coughing, or using restrooms.
- Dancers are expected to adhere to instructions provided with respect to social distancing.
- Please tell your students before they come to class that they cannot hug their teachers and classmates. Believe us, the teachers desperately want to be with and greet the students. Given the volume of students the teachers are meeting each week, it is currently not safe for the teachers to do so.
- Dancers must wear the appropriate dance shoes for the style of class they are taking. In addition, ballet or jazz shoes must also be worn for all technique, conditioning, and modern classes.
Parents and Guardians
- Due to government restrictions, we are required to limit the number of people in our building at any one time. We, therefore, are not able to allow guardians to accompany their children into the studio for their classes. We are, however, in certain circumstances, making an exception for children under the age of 6 (see note below).
- We are more than happy to set up private meetings with any guardian and child prior to classes to give students a tour and help them feel comfortable.
- Children 6 and younger who cannot come into the studio on their own will either have their guardian escort them back to the studio and then the guardian will leave the building, or the guardian will remain in the studio with the child (standing with their child in their dancing block of space to assist and encourage your child).
- As soon as your child can attend class independently, guardians will follow the studio’s arrival and dismissal protocols.
Notify us if Anyone in your Family is Diagnosed
- If anyone in your family is diagnosed with Coronavirus, you must notify the studio immediately.
Arrival and Dismissal Protocols
- We are implementing the following arrival and dismissal procedures to help keep our students safe. These procedures will be far different from what we have used in the past, present challenges, and will not be convenient. As we move into the future, we will be adapting our Arrival and Dismissal procedures based upon changing circumstances, traffic jams, late arrivals, the weather, and the number of students attending the studio. Every dance school we know is struggling with the best way to accomplish this. What we have outlined below represents the best procedures to keep students and staff safe and avoid congestion. Class times will be staggered to avoid multiple classes arriving and/or dismissing at the same time. We request that everyone stay calm and patient as we all work through this.
Arriving at the Studio
- We have two driveways leading into our parking lot. When arriving please enter our parking lot through the first (upper) driveway on your left, park your car, and bring students to our front door. The second (lower) driveway on the left must be kept available for vehicles in the car line that are picking up students.
- Please arrive at our front door 5 minutes before your class is to begin. We will begin admitting students into the studio 5 minutes before the class begins.
- Everyone (except for our Dance with Me students) must wear a mask.
- Our staff will meet each person entering the studio, take their temperature, provide them with hand sanitizer, and direct or escort them to their classroom.
- Guardians will not be allowed into the studio except in cases of students age 6 and younger. See the “Parents and Guardians” section above.
- If you are running late to class and a staff member is no longer at the front door, call the front desk, and we will meet you at the door. If you cannot reach someone at the front desk – you may enter the building and stop at the front desk to get your temperature taken; however, you must be wearing a mask.
Picking up your Students
- Guardians have options to pick up their children: Option 1.) Pull into our car lane by entering our parking lot through the second (lower) driveway on the left (the one closest to our front door). Place your child’s name (in big letters so we can see it) in the front passenger seat window. We will bring your child out to you. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to double line up and block the driveway. Option 2.) Enter through the first (upper) driveway on the left, park in a spot, and walk to our front door. Have a sign with your child’s name on it. – keeping yourself socially distanced from others. We will bring your child to you. Option 3.) If you are comfortable with your older child (age 12+) walking through a parking by themselves; you may text them to let them know that you are in the parking lot. Pull into the parking lot through the first (upper) driveway on the left, park in a spot and text your student. They should notify us, and we will let them know when it is safe to walk out the door.
- Please arrive at the studio 5 minutes before your class is scheduled to end.
- Guardians must not enter the building.
- If an emergency comes up, where you must pick up your child early (or you are late picking up your student), you must call the front desk first. If you cannot reach someone at the front desk – you may enter the building and stop at the front desk to get your temperature taken; however, you must be wearing a mask.