Paul Klocke Dance
Covid Safety Protocols
If the public schools go with a mask optional policy in the fall, we will most likely do the same. However, whereas we recently assumed that this was the direction schools were going to go, this may not be the case. We are currently in a wait and see mode. Our decision will be guided by what local Covid numbers are, what public schools decide, and what the CDC and our local health officials recommend.
Waiting Room and Arrival/Dismissal
Last year our waiting room was closed; the space was exclusively used to admit, gather, and dismiss the students in a safe and orderly fashion. In order to keep the student admission/dismissal procedures that worked so well this past year, the waiting room will reopen with a limited capacity. A large area of the waiting room will be reserved for the arrival and dismissal of students. A small area will be available for guardians who have reason to be in the building.
We will therefore continue to use the arrival and dismissal polices implemented year (see below). We will meet students at the front door and usher them into the waiting room until it’s time for them to proceed into the classroom. At the end of class, students will proceed to the waiting room and be dismissed directly to their guardian outside the front door.
In order to keep the number of people inside our building to a minimum and to leave enough room for us to safely and calmly admit/dismiss our students, we ask that you please remain outside unless you have a need to enter the studio. We would like to reserve the waiting room for guardians of young children (who might need help) or for new families who are not familiar with our school. If you must use the waiting room, please keep the number of people entering the building to a minimum.
Arriving at the Studio
- To arrive, guardians will pull into the parking lot and park in a parking spot. Do not line up in the driveway. The driveway will be reserved for those families picking up their children.
- Please arrive in the parking lot 5-10 minutes before your scheduled class time; we will begin admitting students into the studio 5 minutes before your class begins.
- Five minutes before your class begins and walk to the studio front door where you will be met by our staff.
- The dancers will be admitted and either directed to wait in the reserved area of the waiting room or proceed directly to their classroom.
- If you are running late to class and a staff member is no longer at the front door, call the front desk, and we will meet you at the door. If you cannot reach someone at the front desk – you may enter the building.
Picking up your Student
- Guardians have two options to pick up their children:
- Guardians may drive to the front door of the studio and wait in the car line. You will need to place the name of your child (clearly legible) in your car window. Under no circumstances is anyone allowed to double line up and block the driveway.
- Guardians may park their cars in an available spot in the parking lot and wait outside our front door.
- For both options above, someone from our staff will be outside the studio and will relay your child’s name to our staff inside. We will bring your child out to you.
- Please arrive at the studio 5 minutes before your class is scheduled to end.
- If an emergency comes up, where you must pick up your child early (or you are late picking up your student), call the front desk. If you cannot reach someone at the front desk – you may enter the building and stop at the front desk.